About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Kayla. I have a dual B.A. in Communication Studies & English from the University of Michigan, and I currently work for a Broadcast PR Firm in New York City. I blog about anything that interests me and that others may be remotely interested in. I wouldn't characterize myself as an expert at any one thing in particular, but rather as a somewhat well-rounded individual that tries to keep on top of current pop culture trends as much as possible. I also love to shop, read, and watch movies, so you'll see a lot of style alerts as well as film and novel reviews. And if you're wondering what my blog title means, venerating means to hold praise or admiration for something, and dernier cri is French for "the latest fashion."

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Coach Purse Design Competition

As a customer of Coach Leatherware for several years, I regularly receive email updates about their latest designs. I usually try to immediately delete the weekly email blasts because the colorful pages full of cute new purses and accessories make it difficult for me to just browse without yearning for everything I see. One recent email I received though titled, "Online only, blogger-designed bags" especially caught my attention, so I had no choice but to satisfy my curiosity. After all, I myself am a blogger, so I was naturally a bit intrigued, and secondly, any description containing the words "online-only" or "limited edition" make me giddy with delight like I've just exclusively been told a secret.

After going to Coach's webpage I gathered that Coach held a competition in which independent designers could submit design ideas. The winning bags are showcased and available to purchase online only. There are four designs for sale: Krystal's Fringe Shoulder Bag, Emily's Satchel, Karla's Clutch, and Kelly's Drawstring Pouch. I'm not going to lie, I'd be real happy to own any of them. They are each hip, unique, and represent a style of their own. I wasn't able to copy any pictures of the bags into my blog post, so I encourage everyone to check them out by clicking the link above. After all, they'll only be available for a limited time, and it already looks like Kelly's putty colored Drawstring Pouch (that has a design resembling a grenade) is already sold out.

My personal favorite is Emily's Satchel. The description alone is tantalizing:

"Equal parts food, fashion and fun, Cupcakes and Cashmere delights women around the world with daily doses of style. Emily Schuman, the girl behind the beauty, defines "sweet" with this delicious blog. Her Doctor-bag inspired satchel is as pretty and luxurious as both, well, cupcake and cashmere."

If I had $500 to spare, which is what the light pink satchel is going for, then I would absolutely add it to my collection, but until then I'll just have to admire it on the Coach website.

No comments:

Post a Comment