About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Kayla. I have a dual B.A. in Communication Studies & English from the University of Michigan, and I currently work for a Broadcast PR Firm in New York City. I blog about anything that interests me and that others may be remotely interested in. I wouldn't characterize myself as an expert at any one thing in particular, but rather as a somewhat well-rounded individual that tries to keep on top of current pop culture trends as much as possible. I also love to shop, read, and watch movies, so you'll see a lot of style alerts as well as film and novel reviews. And if you're wondering what my blog title means, venerating means to hold praise or admiration for something, and dernier cri is French for "the latest fashion."

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yeah, That's Classy

Last night I was watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey (don't judge me) on Bravo, and housewife Teresa went to the tattoo parlor with her husband while he got the names of his daughters tattooed on his arm. Apparently real love cannot just be internalized but must also be put on physical display. Anyway, the tattoo artist asked Teresa if she had any tattoos and she said no, "you wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Bentley now, would you?" It made me laugh a little. And then of course Luann, Real Housewife of New York, popped into my head with her ridiculous song, "Money Can't Buy You Class." Oh geez, as annoying and hypocritical as all the housewives from each of the various cities are, they sure are entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment